We understand that at Christmas families wish to leave additional memorabilia and wreaths. You can find details below of what is permitted and the dates on which they will be removed.
A large cemetery opened to serve the Victorian population of Romford. In 2019 the cemetery received a prestigious, London in Bloom Gold Award and was runner up, receiving a Silver Award in the Large Cemetery of the Year Awards endorsed by the Institute of Cemetery and Crematorium Management (ICCM) and the Federation of Burial and Cremation Authorities (FBCA).
It features a historical interpretation board and a permanent 'Lives Remembered' exhibition as well as a small wildflower meadow and provides the setting that families deserve.
Romford Cemetery is based in Crow Lane, Romford, and was opened in 1871.
Situated in mature grounds this cemetery offers you:
• 25 Acres
• Traditional Chapel, seating 50
• Pre-recorded music
• Ample free parking
• Book of Remembrance in a peaceful Memorial Hall alongside the permanent "Lives Remembered" exhibition, telling the stories of some of those laid to rest in the cemetery
You can choose to purchase a:
• Traditional Grave
• Walled Grave
• Lawn Grave
• Child’s Grave on a dedicated Children’s section
• Mini Headstone Cremated Remains Plot
• Traditional Cremated Remains Plot
• Plot in a Dedicated Muslim or Catholic Section
• New Arboria plaque in the Memorial Chapel