Cemeteries in the London Borough of Havering are open for you and your family to visit graves.
There are no longer restrictions on numbers using the cemetery chapel. Singing is permitted and hymn books are available. Please note that whilst hand sanitiser is available at the chapel entrance we will no longer spray the chapel between services. Family members are not currently permitted to back fill at graveside however this policy is under review.
A large cemetery opened to serve the Victorian population of Romford. Since 2019 the cemetery has received annually, the prestigious, London in Bloom Gold Award and was runner up, receiving a Silver Award in the Large Cemetery of the Year Awards endorsed by the Institute of Cemetery and Crematorium Management (ICCM) and the Federation of Burial and Cremation Authorities (FBCA).
It features a historical interpretation board and a permanent 'Lives Remembered' exhibition as well as a small wildflower meadow and provides the setting that families deserve.
Romford Cemetery is based in Crow Lane, Romford, and was opened in 1871.
Situated in mature grounds this cemetery offers you:
• 25 Acres
• Traditional Chapel, seating 50
• Pre-recorded music
• Ample free parking
• Book of Remembrance in a peaceful Memorial Hall alongside the permanent "Lives Remembered" exhibition, telling the stories of some of those laid to rest in the cemetery
You can choose to purchase a:
• Traditional Grave
• Walled Grave
• Lawn Grave
• Child’s Grave on a dedicated Children’s section
• Mini Headstone Cremated Remains Plot
• Traditional Cremated Remains Plot
• Plot in a Dedicated Muslim or Catholic Section
• New Arboria plaque in the Memorial Chapel
Click here for more information on memorial safety testing.