Named as Large Cemetery of the Year, in 2017 by London in Bloom judges, Upminster Cemetery has been recognised with a prestigious Gold Award for the third year in succession in 2018. The cemetery is popular with families throughout the borough and beyond and frequent visitors find themselves making friends in the adjacent Tea Room, in the grounds of South Essex Crematorium.
We understand that at Christmas families wish to leave additional memorabilia and wreaths. You can find details of what is permitted and the dates they will be removed below.
Upminster Cemetery was opened in 1902 and is next to the South Essex Crematorium.
• 17 Acres (further 6 acres under development)
• Traditional Chapel, seating 40
• South Chapel, South Essex Crematorium, seating 120 (additional fee applies)
• Organ (included in fee when organist available)
• Pre-recorded music
• Ample Parking, in cemetery and in adjacent Crematorium carpark
You can choose to purchase a:
• Traditional Grave
• Lawn Grave
• Mini Headstone Cremated Remains Plot
• Child’s Grave on a dedicated children’s section
• Traditional Cremated Remains Plot (limited)
• Memorial Bench made from environmentally friendly recycled materials (on selected sections)